The Cooper Test Calculator is a free fitness test which assesses your physical fitness in comparison to others of the same age and sex.
The Cooper Test Calculator is a free fitness test specially designed to evaluate your physical strength and shape in comparison to others of the same age and sex. To complete the free Cooper Test, you simply have to measure the distance you can run in 12 minutes at a constant rhythm. Use the free Cooper Test Calculator to find out your level of fitness!
The Cooper Test determines your stamina and physical ability by assessing the distance you can run, without stopping, for a total of 12 minutes. Based around this particular fitness test, the Cooper Test Calculator is designed to assess and interpret the results of the Cooper Test. Simply fill in the fields of the Cooper Test Calculator with the results of your timed run and you will receive statistics on how physically fit and in shape you are.
How do you interpret the Cooper Test Calculator results?
The Cooper Test Calculator gives 5 different results:
- MET: Metabolic equivalent task. This is used to estimate the amount of oxygen used by your body during physical activity. 1 MET = the energy (Oxygen) that is used throughout your body whilst resting, whilst you are speaking, on the telephone or even reading. The harder and more intense your workout, the higher your MET result from the Cooper Test Calculator will be.
- VO2 max: Also known as the maximum oxygen intake or aerobic capacity which your body can absorb. If this is limited, the body begins to work anaerobically and produces lactic acid.
- Measure: The aerobic capacity (VO2 max) that other people your age or sex usually have.
- Score: Your score, according to your abilities in comparison to other people your age and sex (out of 100)
- Evaluation: Your physical shape ( poor, bad, average, good or excellent)